Waterstreet Pub was built as a bar in 1837 and was ran as a speakeasy during the prohibition. It was then renamed Barbenders Fine Wine & Liquors until around 1935.
It was reopened in 1950 as Henry's Tavern which closed in 1984. In March of 2005, it was reopened with the name of Waterstreet Pub & Eatery.
Waterstreet Pub has been family owned since 1950 and carries old tyme beers such as Blatz, Schlitz, Hamms, Strohs, Pabst, and Old Style. We are also the first bar in Illinois to offer Hamm's back on draft.